I always love seeing posts on what’s people’s makeup bags, so I thought I’d do a post myself! Now, I don’t carry much in my makeup bag. Granted I don’t put on my make-up before I go to school or work because I don’t have time. Also, keep in mind I don’t use foundation. This is because I wear contacts and I constantly touch my face. I know if I do, it will easily stain my contacts. I do have dark under eye circles. Regarding eyeshadow, I’m a sucker for sparkley/shimmery eyeshadow. I really this it makes the look. I feel like matte eyeshadow are too boring, and I want to make my eyes pop. I have hazel eyes with gold flecks. Great eyeshadow shades for my eye color are golds, purples, pinks, etc. Here are the things that are currently in my makeup bag:
Laura Mercier’s Secret Concealer in #3 I have very bad dark eye circles. I have tried my fair share of drugstore concealers and none of them have seemed to work for me, besides the Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette. I love that one, but I would use up the darker shade so quickly, and Sonia Kashuk didn’t have that shade in a single pot. So I researched for the best high-end concealer for dark under eye circles that is at a pretty good price. I went to my local Sephora. I was debating between Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier. I talked to one of the employees, and she said that she really likes the Laura Mercier one. She applied this concealer on me, and I immediately saw a difference. Ever since then, I have been using it daily. If you are planning on purchasing it, remember this: A little goes a long way! Just a quick dab on your brush and apply it to your dark eye circles. My shade is #3. It’s a peachy color. This concealer retails for $22 for 0.08 oz. You can purchase it at Sephora or at LauraMercier.com
Urban Decay’s 24/7 Gilde-On Shadow Pencil in Sin I used this as my daily eyeshadow primer. It’s a beautiful champagne shade that goes with any eyeshadow! I have changed primers recently, and I have noticed that this product has had my eyeshadows in longest wear. I have tried the Primer Potion from UD, and the Maybelling Color Tattoo, E.L.F. eyeshadow primer, and nothing compares to this! It’s an underrated product, but I think it’s well worth it! I got the set of 5 for $12 on Hautelook when it’s originally $34 at Urban Decay. I just checked out the Urban Decay website and the whole set of 5 of these shadow sticks are $12! Each of these sticks individually are $20 a piece. Great deal! If you can check it out now while you can! Unfortunately the set isn’t available at Sephora, but you can buy the individual shades there if the one that you want isn’t in the set.
Laura Mercier Eyeshadow Duo in Plum Spice After I got so excited about the concealer that I got from Laura Mercier, so i started browsing website. As I always do on any makeup site, I browsed the eyeshadows section. I came across the an eyeshadow duo called Plum Spice. It’s originally $22, but it’s on sale for $10. A high-end eyeshadow duo for a drugstore price! My heart leaped! I researched on how the eyeshadow’s pay off is. Is it any good? I scavenged through Temptalia.com and see if it got Christine’s stamp of approval. It did! I looked to see if I could get free shipping with buying just that product, and I did. This may be because this product will be discontinued very soon. If I were you, I would get my hands on it as soon as possible! It’s the best formula of eyeshadows I’ve ever encountered. It’s finish is Sateen, which gives a soft, satin-like finish. It so beautiful and pigmented. You just need to barely touch the eyeshadow with your brush to get the product. The result, fabulous! A must have. You can get it for $10 at LauraMercier.com . If you find that you ahve to pay shipping use the new costumor code: “new2lm” for free shipping! If you try it, let me know if it works out for you! <3
Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner in Blackest Black I wanted to try a gel eyeliner, and I heard this is a perfect dupe for for MAC’s Fluidline. I had to try it out! It’s good, nothing that special. I does stay throughout the day and it doesn’t smudge which is an advantage. You can get it at any drugstore: ULTA, Target, CVS, Rite-Aid.
Rimmel London Glam’ Eyes First of all, THE PACKAGING! Isn’t it the cutest packaging you’ve ever seen? The thumb imprint (pick background with crown) helps you hold your mascara brush perfectly. If your were looking at the brush head-on, it would look like a compass: West & East have longer bristles while North and South are stubbier and thicker. I love this mascara. If you are looking for a new one, try this one out! You can get it at any drugstore: ULTA, Target, CVS, Rite-Aid. Mascara is one of the products I feel that you should use only from drugstores. This is because you should change your mascara around every 3 months. I just feel it’s a waste of money to spend on a product when there are perfectly good ones at the drugstore.
I noticed in this post that most of my makeup products are high-end. That was unintentional. A few of these products are fairly new. (I like switching around my products from time to time.) Usually all of my products are drugstore. I will to a post on Drugstore Spotlights: My Favorite Makeup Products very soon. So, keep checking in!
What’s in your makeup bag? Leave your answer in the comments below!
My favorite beauty videos to watch are “What’s In My Make-Up Bag” videos. So, I though I’d show what I have in my makeup bag on a daily basis. It’s very rare that I do my makeup at home before I go to school or work. I usually do it when I have arrived at work or school – depending on what day it is. But I keep everything in this bag! Disclaimer, I don’t carry a lot – I don’t use foundation because I feel I don’t particularly need it, and I don’t use blush because the one that I have right now has been breaking me out, so I need to lay off the blush for a while.
This is my makeup bag. It’s around the size of a pencil case. I love the material because it’s so strong a sturdy. The “skin” of the bag is shiny and smooth. Whenever something is subtly shiny, I am quite attracted to it. This makeup bag is from Sonia Kashuk and you can get it from Target (in store or online) for $5.99. Sonia Kashuk Sparkle Soft Cosmetic Case
Next order of business. Brushes. Now, I know about Sigma brushes and how supposedly they’re amazing, but I really don’t feel safe buying brushes online. I’ve heard great things about the Sonia Kashuk brushes, and I love them!
Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Concealer Brush Amazing brush! I’ve tried a lot of concealer brushes, but nothing can compare to this brush! It blend really nicely and easily buffs the concealer into the skin. What I really like abou this brush is the handle. It has a curved handle to easily hold this brush.It’s $9.99 at Target.
Sonis Kashuk Medium Eyeshadow Brush My go-to brush for all-over-the-lid eyeshadow. This brush gets the job done! It goes for $5.99 at Target!
Sonia Kashuk Large Crease Brush For the longest time i was using a smudge brush. One day I gave in a bought a crease brush. Once I tried this when I got home from Target, I immediately fell in love with it! I don’t know how I applied eyeshadow without it now! It’s amazing! One disadvantage, though, some of the hairs tend to fall out of the brush. But don’t worry, it doesn’t affect the brush’s performance at all.
DISCLAIMER: I was not paid by Sonia Kashuk. I just happen to really love her products.
In a few days I will be posting the rest of my products in my make-up bag. So stay tuned!
So what brushes do you use? Where’s your favorite make-up bag from?
Let me know in the comments below!
For those of you that don’t know, I live in the States. This past year, I have really begun to love British TV Shows. Though it’s kind of hard to see shows from England in the US, I have found ways to view these shows. There have been some good, and some bad, but I have found my favorites from BBC. In no particular order….
A modern adaptation of the Sherlock Holmes series by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. This show is set in London, England in which Sherlock is an amateur consultant to the police for crimes that arise. Each episode is about 1 1/2 hrs. long, so I treat every single episode like a movie. There are 3 episode per season, and there have been 2 seasons so far. The twists and turns make each episode pretty epic. Go watch it! It’s a must!
I haven’t met anyone from England that hasn’t heard of or seen Doctor Who. It’s a classic TV series. I talked to one of my dad’s friend a couple of months ago, and he said that when he was a little boy he would hide behind the couch because he was scared of the Darleks! For those of you who don’t know what Doctor Who is, it’s a sci-fi show. Now, wait a minute – no need to judge it because it’s a sci-fi show! I’m not really a sci-fi fan myself. The only movies that I have seen and liked that are sci-fi are the Star Wars. And after seeing this show, I am loving this one! If you start watching it from the first season (the version thta started in 2005), you have to give it a few episodes. Each episode is adventure into the future the past and the present. Ghosts, Aliens, Monsters, Magic, of all kinds are welcome here.
A historical drama based in the early 1900s set in England. I love the story behind the help of a very rich house. Love affairs & obstacles – a historical drama that is worth watching!
Who really was King Arthur and how did he become this great king? With Merlin along his side, of course! This BBC show explores the cannon, and what happened before Arthur ever became king. As showed in the title of the show, Merlin is the main character, and we get told the legend of Arthur through Merlin’s perspective. Any Harry Potter fan would immediately fall in love with the quirky wizard. For any non-Harry Potter fans, the costumes and makeup are amazing. And the actors are pretty good looking as well!
This show is absolutely hilarious. Miranda is a woman in her 30s who owns a joke shop with her best friend. She’s clumsy and loves talking how annoyed she is with life. It’s just so funny, and I laugh ’til I have tear in my eyes! There are 2 seasons right now. The actress that play Miranda is also the writer for the show. As of now, she is currently working on the 3rd season.
This show is so underrated. It not shown on TV anymore, because they have finished the series a few years ago. But, it’s fantastic! Tons of action and tons of comedy. It all about the story of Robin Hood, his gang, his enemies, love life, etc. Very action packed! You will notice a lot of well-known actors in this series.
This is the most laid back panel show that I’ve ever seen! In America, all our shows where they interview stars are so stiff and cold. I love what a good time most of the guest stars have on the show, and it’s basically 4 people just having a good time!
Those are all my favorite British TV Shows!
What are yours? Do you watch these shows, any new recommendations?
Let me know in the comments below!
One product that I always keep in my makeup bag is a lip balm. And I’ve tried my fair share of them! Here are my favorite lip balms that you don’t hear about that often, but they last a long time and feel great on the lips. (In no particular order..)
1. Burt’s Bees Lip Balm in Original Burt’s Bees is famous for their natural ingredients. Now most natural ingredient products don’t last as long. But, this lip balm does. I love minty flavors for my lips, and this is perfect! If you don’t like mint, they have other flavors such as Honey, Pomegranate, Acai Berry (One of my other favorites!), Pink Grapefruit (a new one that I haven’t tried yet), Mango, and more! Visit the Burt’s Bees Lip Balm page to see all the list of lip balms for you to choose from. There are 14 in all! They range from $3-$4 and they also have pack so you can try different flavors. These lip balms are very rejuvenating and one of my Holy Grail lip balms that I carry with me wherever I go! You can find these at your local Target, CVS, Rite-Aid, or even Whole Foods!
2. Badger Cocoa Butter Lip Balms The creamy cocoa butter in this lip balm make your lip feel smooth and refreshed. The ones out of this collection that I’ve tried are Cool Mint (Blue) and Lime Rocket (Green). Both feel and taste amazing! Cool Mint is toned down mint scent/flavor from your regular mint-flavored lip balms. Lime Rocket smells like some Lime-laced ice I had once from Whole Foods. It really good and refreshing! Sometimes when this lip balm it’s in my purse or my pocket, the lip balm melts a little. Not to a gross consistency, but to a softer consistency. Great for your lips. I really recommend this product! The unique thing about these is that they are a lot bigger than your normal chapstick (lip balm). I find this makes it easier to find it in your purse, and easier not to lose it! These last about 2-3 months. I absolutely love this line! I really want to try the Poetic Pomegranate (Red), and the Mocha Cocoa (Dark Brown). I really want to try the Pomegranate one because I love Pomegranate scents when it comes to lip products and I am really interested to try this one. I really want to try the Mocha Cocoa because I love coffee and this seems like an interesting scent! Have you tried any of these? Let me know in the comments below. You can find these online on Badger Balm or in stores in Whole Foods.
3. LUSH’s Lip Balm in Honey Trap I mentioned this in my LUSH haul about a month ago. It’s great! I normally don’t like Honey flavored lip balms, but this feels great on my lips. There were two let downs with this product though. First of all, it was in a pot. It’s not very sanitary. Germs from your finger could transfer to your lips, and you could get an infection or a cold sore. I would love to work with LUSH to create a chapstick style lip balm. Since I have tried so many lip balms, so I know exactly what would make the perfect lip balm (regarding the packaging). Second, it doesn’t last as long as my other lip balms. I’m almost done with it, and it hasn’t even been a month! Other than that, it’s a great lip balm. Very nourishing and rejuvenating! I really recommend it for any one who wants soft lips. It’s a little on the expensive side, but it’s so worth it! It retails for $6.95 in the US. You can buy this at your local LUSH store or online.
4. Jack Black Intense Lip Balm in Original I love reading other beauty blogs. A few months ago, I was browsing Temptalia.com, and Christine and a lot of other readers raved about this lip balm. Since I’m almost done with my Honey Trap lip balm, I thought buy it as a backup. Just in case I lose or forget my Honey Trap, or when I finish it. I got this Lip Balm in the Original Flavor which is described as having “Natural Mint & Shea Butter”. The packing is like a lip gloss (squeezable tube). But it’s smaller that your average lip gloss. This is because this lip balm has a thicker consistency. When I apply this lip balm to my lips, a little goes a long way. This tube has a tip that can spread the lip balm on your lips quite nicely. Another benefit is that it has SPF 25. In the summer, when you’re out in the sun all day, it’s really easy to burn your lips. This lip balm will prevent that from happening. When applied this lip balm feels amazing! This lip balm is a little on the expensive side, but it’s so worth it! I will let you know how long this lip balm lasts, but I predict that will last 3-4 months. Other flavors of the lip balm are: Black Tea & Blackberry, Grapefruit & Ginger, Lemon & Chamomile, and Vanilla & Lavender. This lip balm retails for $7.50 and you can purchase it at Sephora.
5. To be honest, I couldn’t find a 5th underrated lip balm, so this is your chance to shine! Leave in the comments below what you think one of the most underrated lip balms are. The product most commented will get featured in this space! And the people who voted for it, of course! So what do you think is the most underrated lip balm?