One product that I always keep in my makeup bag is a lip balm. And I’ve tried my fair share of them! Here are my favorite lip balms that you don’t hear about that often, but they last a long time and feel great on the lips. (In no particular order..)
1. Burt’s Bees Lip Balm in Original Burt’s Bees is famous for their natural ingredients. Now most natural ingredient products don’t last as long. But, this lip balm does. I love minty flavors for my lips, and this is perfect! If you don’t like mint, they have other flavors such as Honey, Pomegranate, Acai Berry (One of my other favorites!), Pink Grapefruit (a new one that I haven’t tried yet), Mango, and more! Visit the Burt’s Bees Lip Balm page to see all the list of lip balms for you to choose from. There are 14 in all! They range from $3-$4 and they also have pack so you can try different flavors. These lip balms are very rejuvenating and one of my Holy Grail lip balms that I carry with me wherever I go! You can find these at your local Target, CVS, Rite-Aid, or even Whole Foods!
2. Badger Cocoa Butter Lip Balms The creamy cocoa butter in this lip balm make your lip feel smooth and refreshed. The ones out of this collection that I’ve tried are Cool Mint (Blue) and Lime Rocket (Green). Both feel and taste amazing! Cool Mint is toned down mint scent/flavor from your regular mint-flavored lip balms. Lime Rocket smells like some Lime-laced ice I had once from Whole Foods. It really good and refreshing! Sometimes when this lip balm it’s in my purse or my pocket, the lip balm melts a little. Not to a gross consistency, but to a softer consistency. Great for your lips. I really recommend this product! The unique thing about these is that they are a lot bigger than your normal chapstick (lip balm). I find this makes it easier to find it in your purse, and easier not to lose it! These last about 2-3 months. I absolutely love this line! I really want to try the Poetic Pomegranate (Red), and the Mocha Cocoa (Dark Brown). I really want to try the Pomegranate one because I love Pomegranate scents when it comes to lip products and I am really interested to try this one. I really want to try the Mocha Cocoa because I love coffee and this seems like an interesting scent! Have you tried any of these? Let me know in the comments below. You can find these online on Badger Balm or in stores in Whole Foods.
3. LUSH’s Lip Balm in Honey Trap I mentioned this in my LUSH haul about a month ago. It’s great! I normally don’t like Honey flavored lip balms, but this feels great on my lips. There were two let downs with this product though. First of all, it was in a pot. It’s not very sanitary. Germs from your finger could transfer to your lips, and you could get an infection or a cold sore. I would love to work with LUSH to create a chapstick style lip balm. Since I have tried so many lip balms, so I know exactly what would make the perfect lip balm (regarding the packaging). Second, it doesn’t last as long as my other lip balms. I’m almost done with it, and it hasn’t even been a month! Other than that, it’s a great lip balm. Very nourishing and rejuvenating! I really recommend it for any one who wants soft lips. It’s a little on the expensive side, but it’s so worth it! It retails for $6.95 in the US. You can buy this at your local LUSH store or online.
4. Jack Black Intense Lip Balm in Original I love reading other beauty blogs. A few months ago, I was browsing Temptalia.com, and Christine and a lot of other readers raved about this lip balm. Since I’m almost done with my Honey Trap lip balm, I thought buy it as a backup. Just in case I lose or forget my Honey Trap, or when I finish it. I got this Lip Balm in the Original Flavor which is described as having “Natural Mint & Shea Butter”. The packing is like a lip gloss (squeezable tube). But it’s smaller that your average lip gloss. This is because this lip balm has a thicker consistency. When I apply this lip balm to my lips, a little goes a long way. This tube has a tip that can spread the lip balm on your lips quite nicely. Another benefit is that it has SPF 25. In the summer, when you’re out in the sun all day, it’s really easy to burn your lips. This lip balm will prevent that from happening. When applied this lip balm feels amazing! This lip balm is a little on the expensive side, but it’s so worth it! I will let you know how long this lip balm lasts, but I predict that will last 3-4 months. Other flavors of the lip balm are: Black Tea & Blackberry, Grapefruit & Ginger, Lemon & Chamomile, and Vanilla & Lavender. This lip balm retails for $7.50 and you can purchase it at Sephora.
5. To be honest, I couldn’t find a 5th underrated lip balm, so this is your chance to shine! Leave in the comments below what you think one of the most underrated lip balms are. The product most commented will get featured in this space! And the people who voted for it, of course! So what do you think is the most underrated lip balm?